Monday, March 11, 2013

Texture Series 3rd draft










 

For this series I tried to be sensitive to harsh lighting and shadows that were separate and/or distracting from the texture. I learned that it is hard to get a satisfying picture of a smooth surface, and almost every texture in this series is either raised or embossed and has a distinctive feel when you touch it. I tried to not edit these pictures too much so the viewer could get a sense of the natural state and appearance of the texture. I like this series better then the last, but i want to make a compilation of my best pictures.





8 comments:

  1. Great job Emma. I love your first photo, the lighting is perfect and brings out the details of the texture. All of your photos are original and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent photos. I really enjoy the textures present in each photo. in my opinion the sixth picture is the photo that was executed the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your photos. I like how you were about to capture so many different textures and have them stand out so much. I especially like your second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! I especially enjoyed the first two. It almost feels like the textures are coming out of my computer screen! I think your use of clear shadows and defined angles illuminate the details of the texture in each photograph. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great draft. Definitely seeing the progression through drafts. I like too many to specifically point out one. I really like when you use perspectives the obscure much of the context of what you're shooting, create a more abstract feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really diverse but at the same time seem to flow together. I like the mixture of natural and industrial surfaces. Nice series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like when you fill the space with a flowing texture, that seems to work the best in conveying your theme. The third photo from the bottom looks out of place in that respect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with this series, Emma! I really like your progression in this style of photography, and I think you your focus on lighting and color patterns really helps convey a certain mood through every texture. The second to last image is my favorite because it is left open for the viewers interpretation.

    ReplyDelete