Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Series 2











I really tried to focus on candid pictures of people on the street with an emphasis of discretion. I also didnt edit my photos very much which was a belief of Henri Cartier Bresson. I wanted to capture people in their natural state as they moved through their day and i think i was successful at doing that. I was also very patient when shooting. I think the picture of the sheep at the bottom is the best one representing Cartier-Bressons style because the setting, shadows, pose, and composition all come together in a moment. 

5 comments:

  1. You really captured candid moments well here. I can tell especially with the jogger photo that you were patient and took your time waiting to get a good shot. Overall based on what you wrote I think you were very successful in capturing intimate photos of people during their day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job of representing discretion in your photos, and achieved your goal of using the shadows and setting to demonstrate Cartier-Bresson's style. Keep it up mang!

    P.S. Are you ever receiving permission from any of your subjects to have their picture taken?
    I don't think there is anything wrong with not receiving permission, but it is actually a common discussion that I am sure many people would disagree with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right, the picture of the sheep does the best job of truly capturing a moment in time. The picture above that one also does a good job of utilizing discretion to capture someone in a beautifully natural pose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice photos. i really enjoy the picture of the goat because it changes the subject in a way that still follows the same style as the other photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Emma! I really like how you captured specific moments that allude to contrasting themes in every image. The way you were able to bring out emotion from facial expressions and physical behavior helps the viewer establish a better interpretation of your work. I think this draft presents your understanding of Henri Cartier Bresson through natural photography.

    ReplyDelete