Monday, October 15, 2012

The Rainbow- Final Draft







This project was extremely time consuming and tedious. I started with the concept of exploring the color variations of the rainbow. I wanted to find separate objects that were a particular color and combine/compare it next to other values and hues of that color. When i made the individuale color grids, I then wanted to make a cohesive final rainbow grid, showing the unity of the rainbow. Robbert Flick and his work influenced my final draft when combining all my pieces. I upoloaded all the sections that created the final grid at the top. 

2 comments:

  1. I like these pieces. They remind me of those paintings made of dots, as you get further and further away the objects make patterns. Really cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you continue to develop your series of colors. You continue to find something new through color patterns and organization. The first two images are particularly interesting because I like how you worked with one cohesive set of colors and the other with separating boarders. Great job Emma!

    ReplyDelete