Friday, September 21, 2012

Collage


After looking at Don Eldon's collages I wanted to create something that was a clear visual story with no words. I at first planned to put in a cut out that said 'not thinking' but I lost it, and realized that the piece was actually much stronger without it. The cover of a times magazine was this thing called a 'humming bird drone' flying away and i wanted to comment on the environmental path the world was going down. I think that if I saw humming birds disappearing and a post apocalyptic wasteland were to ensue, you would see something similar to my collage.

3 comments:

  1. This is a very unique idea that connects to Don Eldon's work. I really like how each image flows into the next creating specific color patterns. The emphasis on the "environments path" the world is taking is clearly conveyed between the dark and light images. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This collage is really interesting and I can definitely see a story through the motion of the piece. I like how you started out with the world we know and see now on one side of the page and slowly changed the background as the piece continues across the page. I also agree that this collage is strong without the words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece emma! I really appreciate the way you incorporated both urban and naturalistic pieces into this collage to convey a universal concept of the environments downward spiral .I also especially like how you created somewhat of a color pattern in which each color sort of flows and blends in with the next.

    ReplyDelete